This year, restaurants became much more than just a place to enjoy a meal. They became the perfect backdrop for socializing with family and friends, and an escape from too much time spent at home. These are the 100 top restaurants in the USA to do just that.
Once again this year, Open Table surveyed more than 13 million reviews to curate diners’ most beloved spots, for the Top 100 Restaurants in America for 2022,
The list shows diners are willing to spend on memorable dining experiences. Restaurant meals priced $50+ per person saw the largest increase in diners (+8%) compared to 2019.
This especially true for the holiday season – OpenTable’s Q4 Diners Survey reveals 49% want to celebrate with a high-end pre-fixe, 43% are planning or considering hosting a private party at a restaurant this year, and 30% are interested in buying tickets to an exclusive dining event.
Diners looking to indulge: insights from OpenTable’s 2022 diner data
The 2022 survey shows diners are seeking more opportunities to get together over a meal, more captivating dining experiences and more ‘treat yourself’ moments.
Compared to 2021, there was a major boost in what’s called “seated” dining, instead of grab-and-go, with the biggest increase on Mondays (+27%) and Tuesdays (+26%).
Diners are also dining out earlier, too. Compared to pre-pandemic, dining between 4:00 – 4:59 p.m. saw the largest increase at 27% – suggesting diners are eager to get a head start on their evenings.
2022 also saw new culinary curiosity, with cuisines more interactive or communal in nature all seeing a lift compared to pre-pandemic. Seated dining at Korean, Hibachi and Brazilian Steakhouses up 50%, 50% and 49%, respectively.
Another trending cuisine reveals mindful and sustainable dining is still top of mind for diners: Vegetarian cuisine saw a 60% spike in diners compared to pre-pandemic 2019.
OpenTable’s Top 100 Restaurants for 2022
OpenTable’s Top 100 Restaurants in America for 2022, culled from over 13 million verified reviews, meaning only those who book via OpenTable and dine can leave reviews, represents diner’s most beloved restaurants coast-to-coast. Featuring 47 cities across 21 states, the list arms diners with the perfect tool to plan holiday and year-end celebrations, and beyond.
This year, California dominates the list with 21 restaurants across Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, and more.
Illinois is runner up with 17 restaurants, all of which are in Chicago – the city with the largest number of restaurants on this year’s Top 100 list.
Florida and Nevada are tied at 10 restaurants each – in Florida, cities with Top 100 restaurants include Naples, Tampa, Bal Harbour, Fort Lauderdale. In Nevada, all 10 are located in Las Vegas.
- 3 Arts Club Cafe at RH Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Abe & Louie’s – Boston, MA
- Al Biernat’s Oak Lawn – Dallas, Texas
- Alla Vita – Chicago, IL
- Amalfi Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV
- Atlantic Fish – Boston, MA
- Bacari Silver Lake – Los Angeles, CA
- Baldamar – Roseville, MN
- Bavel – Los Angeles, CA
- Beauty & Essex – Las Vegas, NV
- Bestia – Los Angeles, CA
- Bistro Don Giovanni – Napa, CA
- Bistro Jeanty – Yountville, CA
- Born & Raised – San Diego, CA
- Café Ba-Ba-Reeba – Chicago, IL
- Campiello – Naples, FL
- Cesarina – San Diego
- Coastal Fish Company – Memphis, TN
- Connors Steak & Seafood – Sarasota, FL
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant – Tampa, FL
- Delmonico Steakhouse – Las Vegas, NV
- Dominick’s Steakhouse – Scottsdale, AZ
- Dry Dock Waterfront Grill – Longboat, Key, FL
- Eiffel Tower – Las Vegas, NV
- Ema – Chicago, IL
- Estiatorio Milos Midtown – New York, NY
- Farmhouse at Rogers Gardens – Corona del Mar, CA
- Filomena Ristorante – Washington, DC
- Fixins Soul Kitchen – Los Angeles, CA
- Fleetwood’s On Front St. – Lahaina, HI
- Gallaghers Steakhouse Manhattan – New York, NY
- Geronimo – Santa Fe, NM
- Girl & the Goat L.A. – Los Angeles, CA
- Golden Steer Steakhouse – Las Vegas, NV
- Gracias Madre West Hollywood – Los Angeles, CA
- Green Valley Grill – Greensboro, NC
- GW Fins – New Orleans, LA
- Hazelwood – Bloomington, MN
- Hell’s Kitchen Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV
- Herb & Wood – San Diego, CA
- House of Prime Rib – San Francisco, CA
- Javier’s Restaurant – Las Vegas, NV
- Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab – Las Vegas, NV
- Kokkari Estiatorio – San Francisco, CA
- La Mar Cebicheria Peruana – San Francisco, CA
- Laurel Hardware – Los Angeles, CA
- Le Colonial – Chicago, IL
- Le Diplomate – Washington, DC
- Louie Bossi Ristorante – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Makoto – Bal Harbour, FL
- Mala Ocean Tavern – Lahaina, HI
- Mama’s Fish House – Paia, HI
- Mariposa – Sedona, AZ
- Merriman’s – Kamuela, HI
- Musso & Frank Grill – Los Angeles, CA
- Nobu Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV
- Ocean 44 – Scottsdale, AZ
- Ocean Prime – Tampa, FL
- Old Ebbitt Grill – Washington, DC
- Olio e Più – New York, NY
- Pacific Coast Grill – Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA
- Parc – Philadelphia, PA
- Pepp & Dolores – Cincinnati, OH
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille – Grapevine, TX
- Quality Italian – New York, NY
- Quality Meats – New York, NY
- Raglan Road Irish Pub – Lake Buena Vista, FL
- RED O Taste of Mexico – Newport Beach, CA
- RH Rooftop Restaurant – New York, NY
- Rose Mary – Chicago, IL
- Scales – Portland, OR
- Shaw’s Crab House & Oyster Bar – Chicago, IL
- Siena Tavern – Chicago, IL
- Sixty Vines – Nashville, TN
- St. Anselm – Washington, DC
- St. Elmo Steak House – Indianapolis, IN
- Steak 44 – Phoenix, AZ
- Steak 48 – Charlotte, NC
- Summer House – Santa Monica, CA
- Takato Restaurant – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Talula’s Garden – Philadelphia, PA
- TAO Asian Bistro – Las Vegas, NV
- The Cake Bake Shop – Carmel, IN
- The Dearborn – Chicago, IL
- The Gage – Chicago, IL
- The Hampton Social – Nashville, TN
- The Henry – Phoenix, AZ
- The Love – Philadelphia, PA
- The Olde Pink House Restaurant – Savannah, GA
- The Pink Door – Seattle, WA
- The Plantation House Restaurant – Lahaina, HI
- The Smith – Chicago, IL
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar – Waikiki, HI
- Tony’s Di Napoli Midtown – New York, NY
- Uchi Austin – Austin, TX
- Uchiko Austin – Austin, TX
- Ulele – Tampa, FL
- Water Grill South Coast Plaza – Costa Mesa, CA
- Ysabel – West Hollywood, CA
- Zaytinya – Washington, DC
The Top 100 Restaurants in America for 2022 can be found here.
OpenTable’s list of the Top 100 Restaurants for 2022 in the U.S. is generated from diner reviews collected between October 1, 2021 and and September 30, 2022. All restaurants with a minimum “overall” score and number of qualifying reviews were included for consideration. The overall score is made up of unique data points, such as overall diner rating, user klout, total number of reviews, and regional overall rating. Qualifying restaurants were then scored and sorted according to the overall score.
Thanks to the trade publication Restaurant News for sharing this information with us.
ecoXplorer Evelyn Kanter is a journalist with 20+ years of experience as a newspaper and magazine writer, radio & TV news producer & reporter, and author of guidebooks and smartphone apps – all focusing on travel, automotive, the environment and your rights as a consumer.
ecoXplorer Evelyn Kanter currently serves as 1st VP of the International Motor Press Assn. (IMPA) and is a former Board Member of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW)
Contact me at email@example.com.
Also follow my NYC website, NYC Travel Guru
Copyright (C) Evelyn Kanter