The new Cadillac ATS performance sedan has been named “Best of the Year” 2013 car by MotorWeek, the longest running automotive series on television.
This award includes only vehicles made in America, on assembly lines operated both by Detroit based manufacturers and foreign companies including Toyota/Lexus, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz and Nissan/Infiniti, which have been building cars and trucks in the USA since the 1980s.
The MotorWeek award is called Drivers’ Choice Award winner. The 2013 Cadillac ATS edged out the competition by setting ambitious new benchmarks in the sport sedan segment, delivering what the judges describe as an American-made driving experience that’s as close to a classic European sport sedan as you can get. Chew on that, BMW 3 Series!
“The Cadillac ATS is simply the most impressive luxury sport sedan ever to wear an American brand name,” says MotorWeek host John Davis, one of the mot respected automotive journalists in the business. “There is no other new American car that excels in every measure within its class like the new Cadillac ATS.”. “It’s lightweight; it’s powerful, has extraordinary handling and is impressively fuel efficient. On top of that it has the latest in advanced technology and connectivity, including Cadillac’s CUE system,” the brand’s cutting edge info-tainment system.
There are a dozen categories of winners, evaluated based on performance, technology, practicality, fuel efficiency and dollar value. Here they are by category: ,
Best Subcompact – Hyundai Accent and sister car Kia Rio
- Best Compact – Dodge Dart
- Best Family Sedan – Ford Fusion
- Best Convertible – Volkswagen Beetle
- Best Luxury Sedan – Lexus ES
- Best Sport Sedan – Cadillac ATS
- Best Performance Car – Ford Shelby GT500
- Best Small Utility – Toyota RAV4
- Best Large Utility – Nissan Pathfinder and sister vehicle Infiniti JX
- Best Pickup Truck – Ram 1500
- Best Eco-Friendly – Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid, which is built in the world’s only LEED certified assembly line, in Chattanooga.
- Best Dream Machine – Dodge SRT Viper
If you are in the market for a new car this year, be sure to look at the top-rated vehicle in your desired category.
Photo credit: That Hartford Guy