Where To Go Next – Start making plans to visit one or more of the top ten beaches in the USA, for sand and surf, sunrises and sunsets, snorkeling and shell collection, and serenity, most of all.
For many of us, it’s not a real vacation unless it includes the beach. A recent survey sponsored revealed that thirty-seven percent of American travelers will take a beach trip in 2022.
Recognizing that, Tripadvisor recently launched its Best of the Beaches award.
These are the 2022 winners for best beaches in the USA, including some tips from followers.
Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area – Puako, Hawaii
- Traveler tip: “It is challenging to find large, white sandy beaches on the Big Island with water peaceful enough for swimming, and this one ticks all the boxes. Even better, right in the middle of the beach and close to shore, there is a small set of rocks that provided some of the best snorkeling we saw on the island! The water was crystal clear and the brightly colored tropical fish plentiful.” – @Erika H
Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
- Traveler tip: “Absolutely beautiful beach with silky quartz sand! Great beach for people watching, sunsets, breakfast/morning walk on the beach and finding sand dollars.” – @Nik
Poipu Beach Park – Poipu, Hawaii
- Traveler tip: “I highly recommend going at sunset and you will see the sea turtles come onto the beach. It is magical and something you will not be able to experience other places.” – @CourtneyandScott
Moonstone Beach – Cambria, California
- Traveler tip: “Moonstone Beach is a lovely place to walk, unwind and meet friendly dogs. Look for the bench that is partially hidden by the tree.” – @Janet M
Kailua Beach Park – Kailua, Hawaii
- Traveler tip: “The water at Kailua was the most beautiful shade of turquoise and almost blinding. There were numerous kite surfers, which only added to the beauty of the beach. There is also a very cute mom-and-pop grocery store behind the beach (Kalapawai Market) that makes delicious made-to-order sandwiches—perfect for the beach.” – @cbattsolutions
Driftwood Beach – Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Traveler tip: “I’ve been to many beaches, but none like this one. Go at the ‘golden hour’ to get some great photos, or just hang out for the day and have a picnic.” – @roadpeops
Ruby Beach – Olympic National Park, Washington
- Traveler tip: “It’s a delightful spot that is well worth your time. Bring a sweatshirt or light jacket as Pacific Coast beaches can feel chilly on a windy day. The rock formations are just gorgeous – if you’re lucky to arrive on a sunny afternoon, try to visit the beach as the sun is descending! If you have very young children, they can wade in the shallow tide pools which are a safe distance away from the surf.” – @Gilber20
Cannon Beach – Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Traveler tip: “Cannon Beach is very big. A beach for people who like to walk. The large sea stacks are great for photographers. Muggy mornings and lots of fog. Great shops to walk through. Parking can be terrible at times…Tip, get there early in the morning.” – @Louis R
La Jolla Cove – La Jolla, California
- Traveler tip: “We just loved the place. If you are an animal lover it is a must. We spent hours watching the seals and sea lions and their frolicking around. You can get to them quite close.” – @Jadranka P
Ho’okipa Beach Park – Paia, Hawaii
- Traveler tip: “If you love huge, beautiful sea turtles, or if you’ve never seen one, DO NOT MISS this opportunity. Not far from the world-famous Mama’s Fish House, this beach is known as a “resting spot” for sea turtles, who come ashore to rest & sunbathe.” – @Gwen
Tripadvisor also has rated the best beaches in the world. We’ll have those for you in another post.
See all the Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Beach winners for 2022 here: tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches.