Your budget is busted from the holidays, but you still want to get away. So take advantage of these travel deals and contests now, and save money for the rest of 2019.
Sign up for a bucket list trip for just $1.
Normally, tour operators and cruises require hefty down payments to hold your spot, but through Feb. 15, you can sign up for a trip with Intrepid Travel to 100 countries in Europe, Scandanavia, Asia or Africa for just a buck.
Got a hankering to see reindeer and the Northern Lights? The floating villages of Thailand or Vietnam? Take a selfie at the Taj Mahal? Ride a camel in the desert of Morocco? Hang out with the indegenous tribes of Namibia, as ecoXplorer Evelyn Kanter did, in this featured photo?.
Reserve your spot now, for trips that leave before mid-December 2019. The full deposit is due 56 days before your trip.
Intrepid Travel is one of the better tour operators on the planet, offering groups rarely larger than one dozen.
Win a trip to see the blockbuster Broadway show Hamilton in Puerto Rico, with Lin-Manuel Miranda back in his role as Alexander Hamilton.
JetBlue is giving away round-trip flights between JFK and San Juan, a hotel, and premium seats to a performance of Hamilton during its opening week there.
Enter to win this contest, and be in the room where it happens, with daily prizes from Jan. 12 to 17, which means you have six chances to win.
Additional information, including contest rules, here.
Miranda, whose family is from Puerto Rico, is staging the hit musical there to support the island’s recovery from the devastation of Hurricane Maria in 2018.
Enter the This is Whistler Contest featuring a chance to win a winter getaway for two to experience the nature of Whistler’s wild peaks, ancient forests, and winter celebrations.
Top prize include round-trip airfare for two from a major city airport to Vancouver, BC along with transportation to and from Whistler Village. The lucky winner and guest will also spend seven nights in Whistler Village.
Additional prizing for two includes:
- Three-day lift tickets at Whistler Blackcomb, which features 8,171 acres of terrain to discover.
- One guided day of skiing or snowboarding including lift line priority
- Three-day premium ski or snowboard rental, including gear
- A backcountry snowmobile adventure to the Sproatt Steak Night
- An extraordinary bird’s eye view from above on a helicopter tour.
- A snowshoe tour through freshly fallen snow
- The opportunity to soar through the sky on the zipline Eagle Tour
- Two passes to the Audain Art Museum to explore the art of British Columbia.
- Indulge in locally crafted food and beer with a $75 dining gift certificate
- A spa experience including a Swedish massage and facial..
- Three-course dinner including wine pairings
The This is Whistler Contest will also grant contest participants a second bonus entry when they choose to sign up for the Tourism Whistler newsletter to stay up to date on special news and updates on everything Whistler.
The contest is open for entry now until March 28, 2019. All contest details can be found on whistler.com including how to sign up for a bonus entry as well as rules and regulations.
What do you think? We value your comments and love hearing from you.