The stats are in, and here are the most popular ecoXplorer posts of 2017. You are a smart group of followers who want to avoid being ripped-off, since most of the top posts are our “scam alert” advisories. And an eclectic bunch, since other top posts ranged from how to help victims of the devastating hurricanes in the Caribbean to a kitschy stretch limousine.
Drum roll please. Here are our top posts, to read if you missed them, or reread.
- This most-viewed post also generated more comments than any other post of the year, so thanks to followers for the lively discussion.
- This scam used to come in the mail. Now it arrives by phone and email. The technology may have changed, but not the scam.
- The popularity of this post surprised us, since it dates from 2013, but it tells us Lambos are always interesting to read about and dream about, and this is one of the few you can actually rent.
- We don’t approve of killing endangered animals for sport, and neither do you. As we wrote, the photos of Jimmy John’s founder with a dead elephant and a dead leopard have nothing to do with the quality of the food his franchises serve, but they do say a great deal about the quality of the man.
- You also wanted to know where to donate to victims of Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
- The emergency continues in much of the Caribbean, especially in Puerto Rico. There’s still time to donate in 2017 to claim on your 2017 taxes.
- We hope everybody who read this posting bought their lifetime pass before the price increase. Did you?
- The endless radio and TV commercials with the endless jingle drives us all nuts. And you are nuts if you donate your car to a charity accused and sued multiple times for misleading advertising and misuse of donated money.
- Kick the tires and take a test drive
- This post had the benefit of riding the popularity of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but we published more about the rugged and isolated island of Skellig Michael in December, for the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Subscribe to ecoXplorer FREE and get articles like this in your inbox each Friday.