Few things beat the smell and taste of a warm, freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. It has become the signature welcome greeting at DoubleTree Hotels around the world, the chain is celebrating the opening of its 500th hotel by publishing a FREE cookbook with cookie recipes, and more, to download.
Although the original chocolate chip recipe remains a secret, like the recipe for Coca-Cola, DoubleTree is sharing other cookie recipes, including the Tex-Mex-inspired Cookie Taco at DoubleTree Suites Austin to the cookie-crusted rack of lamb at DoubleTree Sukhumvit Bangkok.
The free cookbook celebrates the opening of the 500th DoubleTree Hotel, in Times Square West, New York City.
Some cookie factoids –
- The chocolate chip cookie amenity was launched in 1986 as part of the nightly turn-down service, and moved to the front desk a decade later.
- A handful of bakeries around the world have the recipe. They make the dough and send it to hotels to bake fresh, several times a day.
- More than 75,000 cookies are baked worldwide each day.
- More than 384 Million chocolate chip cookies have been shared with guests since 1986.
- More than one Million pounds of chocolate chips are used annually, making DoubleTree one of the world’s largest customers for the little chocolate nuggets.
We Have Cookies: Taste the World of DoubleTree also features more than 30 other recipes from the brand’s hotels in 16 countries and five continents.
Nibble and sip your way around the world with these highlights from the digital recipe collection include:
- Big Apple Martini from DoubleTree Hotel New York Times Square West in New York
- Deep Fried DoubleTree Cookie Delight from DoubleTree Hotel San Francisco Airport in California
- DoubleTree Cookie Bread Pudding from DoubleTree Hotel Atlanta Airport in Georgia
- DoubleTree Cookie Burger from DoubleTree Hotel Shenyang in China
- DoubleTree Durian Cookie Smoothie from DoubleTree Resort Hotel Xishuangbanna in China
- DoubleTree Marhaba Mocktail from DoubleTree Ras al Khaimah in the U.A.E.
While the recipe for the DoubleTree Cookie is a secret, if you want one at home, you can order the ready-made DoubleTree Cookie dough and other cookie-related products directly from the hotel chain, which is part of the Hilton family of brands.