If you are in the market for a new car, check out these affordable 2022 SUVs and Crossovers under $25,000, which offer versatility, style, safety and fuel economy.
There are exceptionally good deals now, as dealers have to clear 2022 models to make room for 2023 models.
Here are our recommendations for five 2022 SUVs and Crossovers under $25,000, in order of cost – least expensive first.
2022 Hyundai Venue
2-row Crossover SUV
Starting Price: $20,24
Value-packed with an attractive low price, top fuel economy, composed ride and a no-frills but comfortable cabin.
- Attractive low starting price
- Packed with high-tech driver-assist features rarely available at this price, as standard
- Fuel efficient at 29 mpg/ 33 mpg city/highway
- Spacious, comfortable cabin
- Hunky towing capacity
- Small engine with matching horsepower
- Noisy ride, especially at high speeds
- AWD not available
- Engine – 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 121 hp.
- Cargo – Maximum cargo space is 31.9 cubic feet.
- Standard Safety Features – Forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, lane-keep assist, automated emergency braking, and driver-attention monitor are part of its standard equipment list.
- Fuel economy– 29 mpg city/33 mpg highway.
- Towing capacity – 1780 pounds.
2022 Honda HR-V
2-Row Subcompact SUV
Starting Price: $23,095
The smallest model in the Honda lineup, offering practical design and performance, a comfortable cabin, large cargo area and good fuel economy.
- Cabin is nicely equipped
- Large, practical cargo area
- Fuel efficient at 29mpg city/31mpg city/highway
- 141 hp is more than most vehicles of this size and price
- Ride can be noisy
- No standard driver-assist features as standard equipment
2022 Honda HR-V Specs
- Engine – The 1.8-liter inline 4-cylinder base engine generates 141 hp.
- Cargo – The maximum cargo area is 58.8 cubic feet.
- Standard Safety Features – No safety of driver-assist features as standard.
- Fuel economy – 26 mpg city/ 31 mpg highway.
- Towing capacity – 1500 pounds.
2022 Subaru Crosstrek
2-Row Small SUV
Starting Price: $23,620
Designed for the outdoors, including off-roading adventures, with a large cargo area for sports and camping equipment, hunky horsepower for a vehicle this size, car-like ease of handling and good fuel economy.
- Easy to maneuver
- Standard AWD
- Large cargo area for outdoor gear
- Base engine may not be adequate for serious off-roading
- Minimal driver-assist technology as standard equipment
2022 Subaru Crosstrek Specs
Engine- The base 2-liter engine offers 152 hp;optional 2.5-liter engine generates 182 hp.
Cargo- The maximum available cargo area is 55.3 cubic feet.
Standard Safety Features- EyeSight Driver Assist Technology is available as standard.
Fuel economy- 28 mpg city/33 mpg highway
Towing capacity- 1500 pounds
2022 Kia Seltos
2-Row Subcompact SUV
Starting Price: $23,805
This new addition to the Kia line-up is a winner, with a surprisingly spacious interior, impressive mileage, a hunky towing capacity for a vehicle of this size, and ample driver-assist features as standard.
- Spacious cabin and cargo space
- Good fuel economy
- Multiple standard driver-assist features as standard
- Upgrade to a hunky turbo engine
- Base engine may not be powerful enough for towing
- Ride quality can feel harsh on uneven road conditions
2022 Kia Seltos Specs
- Engine- The 2-liter four-cylinder engine generates 146 hp; upgrade to the 1.6-liter turbo engine which produces 175 hp.
- Cargo- The maximum cargo space is a generous 62.8 cubic feet.
- Standard Safety Features- Key offerings include lane-departure warning, lane-keep assist, and automated emergency braking.
- Fuel economy- 29 mpg city/35 mpg highways.
- Towing capacity- 2948 pounds.
2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
2-Row Small SUV
Starting Price: $24,890
Sporty appearance with comfortable and quiet highway cruising, an exceptionally large cargo area, and a generous collection of driver-assist features as standard.
- Sporty appearance
- Ideal for highway driving
- Exceptionally large cargo area
- Touchscreen entertainment system and driver-assist features are standard
- Unimpressive acceleration
- Fuel economy not as good as competitors
2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Specs
- Engine- 1.5-liter inline 4 engine generates 152 hp.
- Cargo- Enormous at 79.7 cubic feet.
- Standard Safety Features- Includes auto emergency braking, pedestrian detection and lane-departure warning
- Fuel economy- 25/26 mpg for city and highway respectively.
- Towing capacity- 1500 pounds.
Thanks to Car and Driver and to SUViews for inspiring me to write this article.
What do you think? We value your comments and love hearing from you.