What are the best 2014 car models? That depends who you ask. These are the top six models named by the respected automotive website Cars.com, for quality, innovation and value. In alphabetical order, and with the reasons for their selection:
2014 Acura MDX: The MDX is the best example of where Acura excels most, which is luxury feel at not-quite-luxury prices, with a bit of innovation thrown in. It is the all-around high-level of performance that makes the MDX so appealing to shoppers and so impressive to experts.
- ecoXplorer says: Also check out the 2014 Acura TSX performance sport sedan. My recent test drive showed it to be a worthy and less expensive competitor to the venerable BMW 3 Series.
2014 Chevrolet Impala: The changes from the previous generation of the Impala are truly astonishing: styling, powertrains, build quality, ride refinement, handling response, materials, fuel economy; you name it, and it’s been dramatically improved.
- ecoXplorer says: The redesigned Impala is impressive on all counts, including fuel efficiency. It’s also been named a top choice family sedan by Consumers Digest.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe: The Santa Fe is one of those few vehicles that blew away nearly every member of the Cars.com editorial staff. With flexible seating for up to seven passengers, high quality features and finishes, and an unbeatable standard warranty, the Santa Fe is a great option for the value-conscious family shopper.
- ecoXplorer says: I test drove the Santa Fe Sport version recently, which has extra kick and performance. Highly recommended, plus Hyundai has one of the best warranty programs in the business.
2014 Kia Forte: People buy compact cars because they are affordable and efficient, but that doesn’t mean they have to be boring. The Forte breaks the mold with its head-turning styling outside and an interior full of affordable creature comforts.
- ecoXplorer says: Affordable with a capital “A”, with a starting price of $15,900. ecoXplorer review.
2014 Mazda3 (hatchback): The redesigned hatchback gets improved cabin quality and plenty of new high-tech features combined with Mazda’s signature fun-to-drive personality. All of that is combined with competitive fuel efficiency for the category.
- ecoXplorer says: Another affordable, fuel efficient choice, and the versatility of a hatchback is ideal for any lifestyle.
2014 Mazda6: The Mazda6’s styling combined with impressive driving ability, comfortable road manners, high cabin quality, and best-in-class fuel economy make this one well-rounded car.
- ecoXplorer says: Mazda’s award-winning SkyActive system adds performance and fuel economy.
The winner will be announced in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. But don’t wait until then to check out these models.
What do you think? We value your comments and love hearing from you.