There are great meal deals at national fast food and fast casual chains every week, to help you stretch your strained budget.
Top deals now are BOGO shakes at Shake Shack, FREE breakfast crunchwraps at Taco Bell, return of Denny’s Grand Slam breakfast, all-you-can-eat ribs and chicken at Golden Corral, and more.
We update this money-saving list several times a month, at the beginning and middle of each month, and in between when there is a noteworthy new offer, so you can save money on fast food deals and discounts and new menu items.
All the deals and new menu items we publish here are from the trade publication Restaurant News or the digital marketing agencies which contact ecoXplorer directly with information about their national restaurant chain clients.
Many of these deals, discounts and new menu items are for a limited time – but the chains rarely tell us exactly when that deal will expire, so check with your favorite destination or prepare to be disappointed.
Scroll down for on-going deals.
As that guy in the TV commercial says, arrive hungry, my friends. Or thirsty. Or both.
- Calories: 670
- Total fat: 40 g (51% of daily value)
- Cholesterol: 135 mg (45%)
- Sodium: 1300 mg (57%)
- Total carbohydrates: 52 g (19%)
- Protein: 21 g
The chain is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year by adding new low-cost options to its popular All Day Diner Deals, including the return of the popular Super Slam breakfast.
Through June 20, the Super Slam is priced at $7.99 ($9.99 in select markets) and it’s available 24/7, not just at breakfast, which means it becomes one of Denny’s All Day Dinner Deals. Who says you can’t have breakfast for lunch – or even dinner.
For the price, you get two buttermilk pancakes, crispy has browns, two eggs cooked to order, two strips of bacon, and two sausage links.
In celebration of National Donut Day on June 2, the restaurant is launching savory and sweet Maple Bacon Glazed Donuts for meat lovers who are also donut lovers.
All Bones Club dine-in guests will be able to try the “Meat Donut” for free on National Donut Day.
Made with a blend of spices and seasonings, the Maple Bacon Glazed Donuts boasts a unique flavor profile that combines the taste of bacon with the soft and fluffy texture of a classic cake donut. The dish comes with three donuts dunked in maple bacon glaze and topped with crispy bacon bits.
The donuts are available through June 30.
Also, for a limited time, get two-for-one deals available all day, Monday through Thursday. There’s a different BOGO meal deal each day.
- Monday: Buy 12 Wings, Get 12 Free. Buy 18 Wings, Get 18 Free.
- Tuesday: Buy a BBQ Chicken Entrée, Get Another Free.
- Wednesday: Buy a Pulled Pork Platter, Get Another Free.
- Thursday: Buy 8 Boneless Wings, Get 8 Free. Buy 16 Boneless Wings, Get 16 Free.
No code is needed.
O’Charley’s Restaurant + Bar
For a limited time, the chain is offering ” their all-new “Smash Hit” Burger lineup. New offerings include:
- Bacon Triple Smash Burger – Three juicy smash burgers topped with melted American cheese, crisp lettuce and onion, ripe tomato, dill pickles and our smoky honey BBQ, all over applewood-smoked bacon. $14.99
- Butter Me Up Burger – Everything’s better with budda. Two juicy smash burgers topped with our savory garlic butter and melted American cheese, with tangy dill pickle chips on the side. Served with French fries. $11.99
- The Patty O’Melt – Hello, vintage crispy-creamy perfection! Two mouthwatering smash burgers topped with caramelized onions and creamy American cheese on fluffy, thick-cut Texas Toast, with tangy dill pickle chips on the side. Served with French fries. $12.99
- Cheeseburger and Tender Combo – Our classic cheeseburger served with O’Charley’s Famous Chicken Tenders and fries. $16.99
- Slim Bob Burger – Two classic dishes in one — double the deliciousness! Double smash burgers topped with smoky-sweet sliced ham, melted Swiss cheese, crisp lettuce, ripe tomatoes, and our extra-special sauce. Served with French fries. $13.99
- The Swisshroom Burger – A gourmet classic, perfected: A pile of sizzling Cajun-sauteed mushrooms and onions join melted Swiss cheese on top of two juicy smash burgers with crispy bacon below. $12.99
Add bacon to any burger for just $1 extra, as well as another smash patty for an additional $2.
O’Charley’s began in 1971 with one restaurant on 21st Avenue in Nashville, when owner Charlie Watkins and a menu made up of his wife’s favorite recipes. While the O’Charley’s footprint has grown since, it still calls Music City home.
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit
Through August 30th, the chain is offering a new kielbasa-style, Mac & Cheese Sausage. A combination of smoked kielbasa-style pork sausage, spices and smoked brisket, stuffed with macaroni and cheddar cheese. It is available in-store, on the App, and on the website.
- Personal note – Sorry Dickey’s. My father was a traditional butcher who made traditional sausages. I’m sure he is spinning in his grave at the prospect of a mac and cheese pork sausage. Yuk.
Through July 31, get a FREE shake with the purchase of one.
The Shake Shack BOGO deal is valid only between 2pm and 5pm, and orders must be placed on the Shake Shack Mobile App or online, for dine-in or pick-up only.
The offer is valid at participating locations – but not the ones at airports, stadiums, arenas, travel plazas or museums.
It’s one BOGO shake per order, but you can score another buy-one-get-one-free again another day, each time with max savings of $6.59 each time. The discount is applied at check-out, which means your entire order must be placed online or on the app.
Use code SHAKEITUP at checkout.
The chain is offering a Korean BBQ Sausage in June, as part of its Absolute Würst Sausage Series with a new flavor of the month each month.
The all-beef Korean BBQ Sausage is flavored with soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, white rice, napa cabbage kimchi, sesame seeds and scallions. Once grilled, the caramelized sugars bring out flavors reminiscent of the best Korean BBQ restaurants all in a gourmet sausage.
In honor of Hawaiian Foods Week, June 12-16, the chain has created the “Aloha Way” for the Korean BBQ Sausage with gochujang aioli, spicy slaw with chili crisp, crispy fried onions and scallions on grilled King’s Hawaiian rolls.
Diners can order it several ways –
- “Your Way” with a choice of favorite toppings on grilled King’s Hawaiian rolls;
- “Corn Dog Way” covered in Dog Haus’ signature root beer batter with spicy mayo;
- “Breakfast Way” with three sunny-side up eggs, tots, American cheese, scallions, crispy onions and spicy mayo all wrapped burrito-style in a grilled flour tortilla; or
- “Sliced Way” which focuses solely on the sausage with a side of spicy mayo.
For every Absolute Würst Sausage Series item sold, Dog Haus donates $1 to No Kid Hungry, so you are eating for a good cause.
No Kid Hungry is a nonprofit organization established in 1984 with the primary mission of eradicating child hunger across America. One in six kids in the U.S. will face hunger each year, so No Kid Hungry is working to end childhood hunger through effective programs that provide kids with the food they need when they need it.
The organization works with local school districts to provide students meals during the school year and summer, funds grants for food banks and community groups, and supports advocacy at the national, state and local levels to bring awareness to the issue and cut through the red tape to aid those in need.
No Kid Hungry is a campaign of Share Our Strength, which works to end hunger and poverty in America.
Through July 2, the nation’s largest buffet chain is featuring an unbeatable summer value with All-You-Can-Eat Baby Back Ribs and crispy Chicken Tenders. Pair these options homestyle sides such as potato salad, coleslaw, macaroni & cheese, or the iconic summertime sweet treat – fresh watermelon. –
The all-you-can-eat deal is available weekdays after 4pm. Weekend hours may vary – as do prices. Golden Corral has no prices on its website for anything on its menu, and the press release we received also mentioned no prices.
This limited-time offer is valid in-restaurant, for takeout, or have it delivered when ordered through the Golden Corral App or on the website. The Baby Back Ribs, Chicken Tenders, and sides are available in individual meals, family meals, or large group catering.
The chain famous for its buffets is proud to begin its 11th year of transforming the lives of the children of our nation’s military heroes by sending them to Camp Corral.
Also – through July 9, in-restaurant guests can donate to Camp Corral by purchasing Fundraising Stars (a White Star for $1, Blue Star for $5, and Flag Star for $10), rounding up their bill at the register, or donating online at their seat by scanning a QR Code.
The goal is to raise $900,000 in 2023, which will send around 900 kids to camp at no cost to their families.
Camp Corral is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to transform the lives of children ages 8-15 of wounded, ill, and fallen military members by providing camp, advocacy, and enrichment programs.
Golden Corral is a founding sponsor of the non-profit and has been partnering with Camp Corral since its inception in 2011, helping campers connect with other children just like them in a community that only Camp Corral can provide. The brand kickstarted its annual campaign with a $100,000 donation.
Through the support of its guests in the past 10 years, Golden Corral has raised more than $14 million to send over 30,000 military children to Camp Corral with no cost to the families.
Camp Corral has locations in 15 states for children to attend and offers a family retreat in five states, allowing families and children to adjust to the new realities followed by their military family member’s time in the service.
Camp Corral has served children from every state in the nation with resilience-based programs focused upon the unique attributes and challenges shared by military-connected children across the country. To learn more about Camp Corral and donate directly through the organization’s site, visit here.
To find a Golden Corral near you, visit goldencorral.com/locations or order online at goldencorral.com/order-online to donate.
The pizza chain is expanding its Papadia lineup by joining forces with PepsiCo Foodservice to deliver a mashup that combines its signature flatbread-style sandwich with the “cool” flavors of Doritos® Cool Ranch® to create the all-new Doritos® Cool Ranch® Papadia.
It’s made to order, and features Papa Johns fresh, never frozen, original dough filled a choice of chicken, beef, steak or other fillings, toasted and dusted with bold ranch seasoning. Customers receive extra sauce on the side, perfect for dipping.
Inspired by the ‘piadina’ and introduced to the Papa Johns menu in 2020, the Papadia is part pizza, part sandwich, making it the best of both worlds.
Through July 23, it will be available for just $7.99.
Shrimp Trios entrées have been added to the menu, each with shrimp prepared three ways – on the same plate.
Cajun Shrimp Trio includes Walt’s Favorite Shrimp with Cajun remoulade sauce, Cajun shrimp scampi and creamy Cajun shrimp linguini Alfredo.
Seaside Shrimp Trio combines Walt’s Favorite Shrimp with cocktail sauce, garlic shrimp scampi, and creamy shrimp linguini Alfredo.
Both entrées are served with a choice of two sides and everyone’s favorite, fresh baked Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
In addition, there are new limited edition drinks to add to any entree.
- Blue Dream Sangria – St-Germain® Elderflower, Barefoot® Moscato, Blue Curaçao, white grape juice and Fancy Sprinkles® Gold Glitter, topped with Starry® lemon-lime soda. $1 from every drink sold* to benefit Make-A-Wish®.
- Mango Martini – Absolut® Vodka, Grand Marnier®, mango purée and a Tajin-dusted lime wedge!
- Blackberry Bourbon Smash – Jim Beam® Bourbon, Monin® Blackberry Syrup, fresh mint, and club soda.
For a limited time at participating locations only, get a Smokin’ Triple Stack Sub.
The chain is promoting it as one of its meatiest subs ever, with USDA Choice, slow-smoked beef brisket, smoked turkey breast, and Virginia honey ham topped with melted cheddar, sweet & tangy slaw, barbecue sauce and mayo on a toasted sub roll.
Fans can order the Smokin’ Triple Stack on the Firehouse Subs mobile app to earn points for future visits or visit FirehouseSubs.com to find their nearest location. Firehouse Loyalty members can redeem points for rewards like free subs and are the first to learn about promotions and new menu items.
Firehouse Subs is donating a portion of every purchase to benefit the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation®, which provides lifesaving equipment, training and funding to first responders and public safety organizations.
To date, the Foundation has provided more than $75 million in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Besides eating more subs, guests can also support their local communities through the Foundation by rounding up at the register, donating spare change and purchasing a recycled, five-gallon pickle bucket for a $3 donation.
Through June 25th, get either of two new pizza subs added to the menu nationwide.
America’s Sub Shop®, is heating things up with two new pizza subs that go hand in hand with the brand’s motto this year of a Bigger. Better. Blimpie®.
The two new limited time premium subs will be available in stores and online nationwide.
New Pizza Subs:
- The Original Pizza Sub: Pepperoni, crumbled sausage, green peppers, melted provolone, marinara sauce & oregano
- The Spicy Hawaiian Pizza Sub: Ham, bacon, diced pineapple, caramelized onions, jalapenos, melted provolone & marinara sauce
For a limited time, IHOPPY Hour is back, with $6 full meals and $4 Snacks and Sides from 3pm to 10pm daily (and later at some locations). Some items are for dine-in only, others for take-out, so know before you go.
The IHOPPY Menu is as follows:
Everyday $6 or ($7 or $8 in some markets) Meals
- Chicken & Pancakes: Four crispy chicken breast strips with three buttermilk pancakes. Served with choice of dipping sauce.
- Classic Steakburger: Black Angus beef Steakburger with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onions, pickles and IHOP Sauce. Served with a side of French fries, onion rings, or 2 buttermilk pancakes.
- Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich: Crispy chicken breast, American cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and IHOP Sauce. Served with a side of French fries, onion rings, or 2 buttermilk pancakes.
- BLT Sandwich: Hickory-smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato & mayo on toasted white bread. Served with a side of French fries, onion rings or 2 buttermilk pancakes.
- Quick 2-Egg Breakfast: Two eggs, hash browns, 2 bacon strips or 2 pork sausage links & toast.
- Ham & Cheese Omelette: Diced ham, shredded Jack & cheddar cheese, and white cheese sauce. Served with 3 buttermilk pancakes.
- Classic Breakfast Burrito or Bowl: Scrambled eggs, choice of bacon pieces or diced sausage, shredded Jack & Cheddar & hash browns. Served with a side of our salsa.
Everyday $4 Deals
- Mozza Sticks: Six crispy Mozzarella cheese sticks served with marinara.
- French Fries & Onion Rings Sampler: A generous helping of onion rings and French fries served with IHOP Sauce.
- Our Original French Toast: Four triangles topped with real whipped butter & dusted with powdered sugar.
- Crispy Chicken Strips: 3 crispy chicken strips in Original style, or Frank’s RedHot Buffalo sauce or tangy BBQ sauce. Served with choice of dipping sauce.
- Pancake Sundae: 2 buttermilk pancakes topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, rainbow sprinkles & whipped topping. This one’s dine-in only.
For a limited time, get three items for just $10.99.
The 3 For Me promotion returns after a there year hiatus with offers unbeatable value for a bottomless drink, bottomless chips and salsa, a cheeseburger and fries.
Upgrade with Crispy Chicken Crispers or a 6 oz. Classic Sirloin for $13.99 and $15.99, respectively. Spike or sweeten the meal with a Classic Margarita or slice of Cheesecake for just $2.49 per item.
Available all day, every day during restaurant hours for dine-in, to-go or delivery,
The meal deal is being promoted with a “3 for Me” music remix in collaboration with Grammy-nominated R&B Artist, Brian McKnight, with a new tune that is a reimagination of one of the singer’s most iconic ballads, “Back at One,” playfully breaking down how diners can create a custom, budget-friendly feast.
It’s being used in Chili’s TV commercials, on the chain’s YouTube channel and social media accounts.
For a limited time, Kentucky Fried Chicken Wraps will be available at participating restaurants nationwide, at a bargain price of 2 for $5.
After a successful test in Atlanta in 2022, the new KFC Wraps will finally be available to everyone.
There are two options –
- The Classic Chicken Wrap, a hand-breaded Extra Crispy™ Tender, crunchy pickles and creamy mayo, wrapped up in a warm tortilla
- The Spicy Slaw Chicken Wrap covers an Extra Crispy™ Tender in a flavorful mix of KFC coleslaw, spicy sauce and crispy pickles
For a limited time, the chain’s famous 16” New York-style pizza, “The Big New Yorker,” returns to its menu after its initial launch 24 years ago.
The iconic pizza is available at participating Pizza Hut restaurants nationwide.
The Big New Yorker is inspired by the spirit of New York with an XL pizza that is as big and bold as the city that never sleeps.
Each 16″ pizza features six oversized, foldable slices with crispy crust and bold flavors including sweet marinara sauce and Parmesan oregano seasoning on top to mimic an authentic New York pizzeria build.
One order of The Big New Yorker extra-large pizza comes with double pepperoni, or one choose-your-own topping for a price starting at $13.99. Orders can be customized with extra toppings or extra cheese for an additional charge.
The New York style pizza was first introduced in 1999. Since being retired from the menu, there have been numerous requests to bring the pizza back on menus. Click here to find your nearest participating Pizza Hut location.
The chain also recently introduced a line of Oven-Baked Pastas, with premium ingredients and savory sauces, priced at $8.99 for one or double up with “Family Pasta Pairs,” any two recipes starting at $13.99.
All Oven-Baked Pastas include breadsticks or garlic bread, where available- in case of “luckily-I-have-leftover-sauce” cleanups, come in four distinct recipes that cater to any flavor preference and are finished with a new parmesan oregano topping:
- Chicken Alfredo: You can’t go wrong with this classic combination of NEW creamy Alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, and oven-baked cheese.
- Italian Meats: Fill up on this savory new recipe that’s packed with sweet tomato sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage and of course, cheese.
- Cheesy Alfredo: A cheese lover’s dream featuring a NEW creamy Alfredo sauce and two layers of cheese with baked-fresh parmesan on top.
- Veggie: A flavorful combo of sweet tomato sauce, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, black olives and oven-baked cheese.
Fry fans can get FREE medium fries with any purchase of $1 or more on Fridays via the McDonald’s app.
The offer is valid only on Fridays, and only if you order via the Mobile Order & Pay option. So if you haven’t already downloaded the McDonald’s app, this would be a good time to do it.
Free Fries Friday is every Friday through the rest of 2023.
Two recent new menu items –
The all-new Italian Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich brings all the familiar flavors of a homemade Italian dinner in one delicious sandwich. The juicy, lightly breaded crispy chicken breast is topped with gooey fried mozzarella cheese, savory marinara sauce, and naturally aged rich Asiago cheese, on a towering toasted golden garlic knot bun.
The savory Italian Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich, which can be customized with a Classic, Grilled, or Spicy filet. It brings a flavorful twist lineup, alongside the recently-introduced Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger and Bourbon Bacon Cheeseburger.
Coated in a flavorful garlic herb sauce, the Garlic Fries are made with Wendy’s natural-cut, Hot & Crispy French Fries and make the perfect pairing for those cozy winter vibes.
With all that garlic, be sure to have a couple of breath mints in your pocket.
If you like the pizza toppings but can do without the rest of the pizza, these new Papa Bowls will make you happy – just toppings,no crust.
You can can create your own Papa Bowl or choose from three thoughtfully crafted varieties, each featuring quality ingredients:
- Italian Meats Trio features signature pizza and alfredo sauces, layered with Papa Johns signature pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, green peppers, onions and tomatoes. Topped with three melty cheeses and sprinkled with Italian seasoning.
- Chicken Alfredo features creamy alfredo and garlic parmesan sauces and juicy grilled chicken, complete with spinach, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes, then topped with a melty three cheese blend and Italian seasoning.
- Garden Veggie includes spinach, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, tomatoes and banana peppers baked in a bowl with Papa Johns signature pizza sauce and garlic parmesan, covered in three melty cheeses and topped with Italian seasoning.
The press release we received does not say whether this is a limited time offer or permanent.
Ongoing Deals & Discounts
Bob Evans Restaurants
Find more than 30 lunch and dinner combinations for $8.99 or less. Founder, Bob Evans, believed in the importance of family values, like eating meals together, and always worked to support the changing needs of the American family.
According to recent data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, grocery prices are up more than 8% from this same time last year, due to rising inflation, which has been consistently leading consumers to look for affordable and convenient meal options.
Farm-fresh meals under the “American Values” include Pick 2 Lunch Combos, start at $6.99, and Dinner Bell Plates, start as low as $7.99. These prices are offered every day and are not a limited-time offer.
Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s
Join the new rewards program to get your choice of a free Western Bacon Cheeseburger, Famous Star, or Hand-Breaded Chicken Sandwich.
The Mix & Match Deal will get you and two or more items on its Mix & Match menu for $5.99. That includes some sticks and medium pizzas options.
Any combo with three-topping pizzas and Dips & Twists will run you $8.
Join the Friendly’s Sweet Rewards Club and you’ll get a free medium sundae.
Make a $30 purchase, and you’ll get $10 off with the code “GET10.” Place an order for $50, and you’ll wind up with $15 off when you use the code “GET15.”
That’s all there is – there’s no “GET20.”
The pasta chain is now offering alcohol delivery with $15 bottles of wine and $10 six-packs. You have to order food to get alcohol, and the deal is only available where local laws permit.
Popeyes is offering free contactless delivery through its app with a minimum $20 order.
Get four meals for $29.99. The family meal comes with four 8-inch subs, four bags of chips, and four cookies. Use the code “8026.”
Rubio’s Coastal Grill
Place an order directly through the Rubio’s app or Rubios.com to get free delivery on any order of at least $20.
This list of great deals at national chains is updated at the beginning and middle of each month.
Unless otherwise noted, all photos are from the restaurant or fast food chain.
ecoXplorer Evelyn Kanter is a journalist with 20+ years of experience as a newspaper and magazine writer, radio & TV news producer & reporter, and author of guidebooks and smartphone apps – all focusing on travel, automotive, the environment and your rights as a consumer.
ecoXplorer Evelyn Kanter currently serves as President of the International Motor Press Assn. (IMPA) and is a former Board Member of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW)
Contact me at email@example.com.
Copyright (C) Evelyn Kanter
What do you think? We value your comments and love hearing from you.