Top deals of the month are $1 for a dozen donuts at Krispy Kreme and MdDonald’s deals and giveaways Dec. 5-25.
We update this money-saving list of fast food deals and discounts and new menu items several times a month.
All the deals are from the trade publication Restaurant News or the digital marketing agencies which contact ecoXplorer directly with information about their fast food clients.
Many of these deals, discounts and new menu items are for a limited time – but the chains often don’t tell us exactly when that deal will expire, so check with your favorite destination or prepare to be disappointed.
Scroll down for on-going deals.
As that guy in the TV commercial says, arrive hungry, my friends. Or thirsty. Or both.
Freebies, Discounts & Giveaways, Dec. 5-25
Krispy Kreme Day of the Dozens
For one day only, Monday, Dec. 12, sweeten you holidays with the brand’s annual “Day of the Dozens,” offering guests one dozen Original Glazed® doughnuts for just $1 with the purchase of any dozen at regular price.
Get one dozen Original Glazed doughnuts at participating shops throughout the U.S. including “Santa’s Bake Shop” Collection, available in a limited-edition Christmas themed box.
Limit 2 per guest.
It makes a great gift for your local police precinct, fire house, school, manicure shop.
Find your favorite location here. www.krispykreme.com/promos/dayofdozens.
Inspired by the Subway® Series signature subs, cookie lovers can sink their teeth into four limited-edition footlong flavors available exclusively at Cookieway, the brand’s pop-up restaurant that only fresh-baked cookies. There also are six and twelve-pack Cookie Bundles full-service locations.
Take $2 off a footlong sub when adding a cookie to orders placed on the Subway app or Subway.com. The offer is available exclusively to guests with an account who have opted into email. New accounts must opt into email 72 hours in advance to receive the offer.
The footlong cookie menu that includes:
- The Subway Cookie Club: Just like the perfect combination of proteins on Subway’s #11, the Subway Cookie Club stacks cookies on cookies with a Double Chocolate cookie base and vanilla frosting, then topped with Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Macadamia and Raspberry Cheesecake cookie chunks, rainbow sprinkles, and chocolate and raspberry sauce.
- The Mexi-Cali: Inspired by the south-of-the-border flavor of the #7, the Mexi-Cali starts with a vanilla sugar cookie base smothered in dulce de leche, then topped with mole and corn nuts, drizzled with white chocolate sauce, and finished with ground coffee, Tajín and espresso chips.
- The Monster: Like Subway’s The Monster #3, this beast of a cookie has a Double Chocolate cookie base with a heaping spread of peanut butter, sprinkled with peanut butter cups, Reese’s pieces, butterscotch morsels and pretzels, before it is finished with both chocolate and white chocolate sauce.
- The Great Pickle: The most unique cookie on the menu showcases the signature flavor of its star ingredient, just like The Great Garlic #8 sub. This sweet and savory cookie layers both peanut butter and marshmallow crème on top of a vanilla sugar cookie base, topped with salty potato chips, savory bacon crumbles and Subway’s brand new dill pickles.
Cookies for a Cause
Footlong cookies will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis in exchange for a donation to the Subway Cares Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization which provides grants to organizations around the world that align with its mission to provide youth greater access to nutritious food, tuition assistance for university and vocational education, and growth and leadership opportunities
New menu items include Cheddar Bay Shrimp and several holiday drinks.
You can order the new shrimp as one of the shrimp selections of the Create Your Own Ultimate Feast. Guests can choose four of ten new and classic preparations, including two premium selections and two shrimp selections, plus the choice of two sides. The meal also comes with unlimited Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
And, no seasonal celebration is complete without a festive cocktail! Red Lobster has also introduced new, limited-time holiday drinks, including:
- NEW! Snowglobe Sangria – A festive combination of Barefoot Moscato, St Germain® Elderflower liqueur, edible shimmer, and white cranberry juice topped with cranberries and a splash of Sierra Mist
- NEW! Fireside Martini – Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Disaronno Amaretto, and Baileys Irish Cream served on the rocks with a cinnamon stick garnish
- NEW! Cran-Apple Smash – The crisp apple and caramel flavors of Crown Royal Apple Whisky is combined with cranberry juice and topped with a cinnamon stick and cranberries
Two new menu items –
The all-new Italian Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich brings all the familiar flavors of a homemade Italian dinner in one delicious sandwich. The juicy, lightly breaded crispy chicken breast is topped with ooey-gooey fried mozzarella cheese, savory marinara sauce, and naturally aged rich Asiago cheese, on a towering toasted golden garlic knot bun.
The savory Italian Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich, which can be customized with a Classic, Grilled, or Spicy filet. It brings a flavorful twist lineup, alongside the recently-introduced Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger and Bourbon Bacon Cheeseburger.
Coated in a flavorful garlic herb sauce, the Garlic Fries are made with Wendy’s natural-cut, Hot & Crispy French Fries and make the perfect pairing for those cozy winter vibes.
With all that garlic, be sure to have a couple of breath mints in your pocket.
We have good news and bad news.
The elusive McRib® is finally back. But this could be your last chance to get it. After three straight years headlining McDonald’s® nationwide menu each fall, the iconic sandwich is embarking on a “Farewell Tour” – giving fans across the country one more chance to experience a taste of the McRib at participating restaurants.
It could be a final goodbye, or just another “see you again next year” marketing hype. I vote for the see you again next year theme, simple because the McRib is just too popular to be gone forever.
Starting Nov. 4, you can buy McRib merchandise – another reason I predict the sandwich will return again. Limited-edition throwback-inspired merch featuring the McRib throughout the decades on art, clothing and memorabilia, with prices starting at 99 cents. Find the merch on GoldenArchesUnlimited.com.
McDonald’s also is offering special Happy Meals inspired by Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” hitting theaters Nov. 11.
The new Happy Meal brings the world of Wakanda to life in restaurants and gives everyone the chance to see and celebrate their inner hero.
Each Happy Meal includes one of ten “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” super hero toys based on characters from the movie, from fan favorites like Shuri and Okoye to newcomers like Namor and Ironheart.
It will be available for a limited time at participating restaurants nationwide, while supplies last.
Through Dec. 25, the fan-favorite, Shaq-a-Roni pizza returns to menus – and every purchase supports local charities.
Developed in partnership with board member and franchisee Shaquille O’Neal, this pizza with a purpose supports local communities with Papa Johns donates one dollar from every Shaq-a-Roni sold to The Papa John’s Foundation for Building Community.
In its third year, The Papa John’s Foundation leaves on local communities, leveraging Shaq’s larger-than-life footprint.
The Shaq-a-Roni features an extra-large pizza made with Papa Johns fresh, never frozen, six-ingredient dough, covered with extra pepperoni and extra cheese, baked to perfection and cut into eight Shaq-sized slices.
And this year, there’s even more pepperoni to love! Introducing the Pepperoni-Crusted Papadia, the perfect pizza sidekick, hand-stuffed with real cheese and our signature pepperoni, toasted to perfection with even more cheese and pepperoni on the outside.
In the last three years, the Shaq-a-Roni pizza has raised more than $6 million for The Papa John’s Foundation which gives to local organizations – that’s an impactful footprint we wanted to highlight this year and give the fans a chance to get involved.”
Every Shaq-a-Roni sale supports The Papa John’s Foundation and builds on the more than $6.6 million raised over the last two years to support organizations working to provide hunger relief, reduce food waste and build the leaders of tomorrow, as well as the Foundation’s Building Community Fund, which provides grants to local organizations nominated by our franchisees.
With help from funds raised by the Shaq-a-Roni pizza last year, The Papa John’s Foundation and the Building Community Fund will distribute nearly $1.6 million in grants this year to almost 180 local organizations across 33 states and 96 communities nationwide.
The Shaq-a-Roni pizza and Pepperoni-Crusted Papadia just $13.99 and $8, respectively. So you are eating for a good cause. We applaud that.
Kentucky Fried Chicken
For a limited time, get a 2-Piece Drum & Thigh Combo Meal for just $6*.
The meal deal includes two pieces of KFC’s world-famous fried chicken in either Original Recipe® or Extra Crispy™, a side of creamy mashed potatoes and gravy, a warm, flaky southern-style biscuit and a medium drink for only $6. It is available in restaurants, online at KFC.com and on the KFC mobile app.
Available in Classic and Spicy (featuring Nashville Hot sauce), the fan-favorite bowl includes KFC’s rich and creamy cheddar mac and cheese topped with KFC’s crispy popcorn chicken and a sprinkle of a three-cheese blend, all for $5 (plus tax).
KFC remains true to Sanders’ secret recipe and commitment to quality, using chickens raised on U.S. farms, free of added hormones and steroids and freshly prepared in restaurants all day, every day by trained cooks.
Rules – because there are always rules –
- For a limited time only at participating locations.
- Prices may vary.
- Includes drum and thigh, mashed potatoes, 1 med. drink, 1 biscuit.
- Offer not available on third party ordering websites/apps.
- No substitutions. Tax extra.”
More New Menu Items
If you like the pizza toppings but can do without the rest of the pizza, these new Papa Bowls will make you happy – just toppings,no crust.
You can can create your own Papa Bowl or choose from three thoughtfully crafted varieties, each featuring quality ingredients:
- Italian Meats Trio features signature pizza and alfredo sauces, layered with Papa Johns signature pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, green peppers, onions and tomatoes. Topped with three melty cheeses and sprinkled with Italian seasoning.
- Chicken Alfredo features creamy alfredo and garlic parmesan sauces and juicy grilled chicken, complete with spinach, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes, then topped with a melty three cheese blend and Italian seasoning.
- Garden Veggie includes spinach, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, tomatoes and banana peppers baked in a bowl with Papa Johns signature pizza sauce and garlic parmesan, covered in three melty cheeses and topped with Italian seasoning.
The press release we received does not say whether this is a limited time offer or permanent.
The pizza chain is introducing a line of Oven-Baked Pastas, with premium ingredients and savory sauces, priced at $8.99 for one or double up with “Family Pasta Pairs,” any two recipes starting at $13.99.
All Oven-Baked Pastas include breadsticks or garlic bread, where available- in case of “luckily-I-have-leftover-sauce” cleanups, come in four distinct recipes that cater to any flavor preference and are finished with a new parmesan oregano topping:
- Chicken Alfredo: You can’t go wrong with this classic combination of NEW creamy Alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, and oven-baked cheese.
- Italian Meats: Fill up on this savory new recipe that’s packed with sweet tomato sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage and of course, cheese.
- Cheesy Alfredo: A cheese lover’s dream featuring a NEW creamy Alfredo sauce and two layers of cheese with baked-fresh parmesan on top.
- Veggie: A flavorful combo of sweet tomato sauce, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, black olives and oven-baked cheese.
Ongoing Deals & Discounts
Join the new rewards program to get your choice of a free Western Bacon Cheeseburger, Famous Star, or Hand-Breaded Chicken Sandwich.
The Mix & Match Deal will get you and two or more items on its Mix & Match menu for $5.99. That includes some sticks and medium pizzas options.
Any combo with three-topping pizzas and Dips & Twists will run you $8.
Join the Friendly’s Sweet Rewards Club and you’ll get a free medium sundae.
Make a $30 purchase, and you’ll get $10 off with the code “GET10.” Place an order for $50, and you’ll wind up with $15 off when you use the code “GET15.”
That’s all there is – there’s no “GET20.”
The pasta chain is now offering alcohol delivery with $15 bottles of wine and $10 six-packs. You have to order food to get alcohol, and the deal is only available where local laws permit.
Popeyes is offering free contactless delivery through its app with a minimum $20 order.
Place an order directly through the Rubio’s app orto get free delivery on any order of at least $20.